Course Map, Road Closures & More.
As we approach our 50th anniversary, Hospital Hill Run is bringing back many aspects of the traditional race course. This includes:
- A view of Kauffman Gardens
- The revered climb up Rockhill Rd
- Running down 63rd through the heart of Brookside
- Minimal stretches with two-way traffic
Although we have removed some aspects of the former course (Broadway hill, WWI Memorial) due to city planning and construction, the new course features:
- All of Gillham Park (including longer, flatter stretches)
- Excursion through the UMKC campus
- Nelson-Atkins Lawn/Sculpture Park including the famous Shuttlecocks
- All three courses are USATF certified
ROAD CLOSURES: In effect from 6:30am to 11:30am
KCPD will close streets on course at 7:00am when race begins (drivers should expect to wait).
Live or work near the course? Please plan ahead and use alternate access routes. Business owners are encouraged to review the course map and coordinate delivery services around the road closures.
Download the Waze Navigation App here (free) to get around the course on race day.
GET INVOLVED: Volunteer on the course near your house and get a race shirt. Sign up at hospitalhillrun.com/volunteer OR come cheer along the participants along the course.
Still have questions? Email Community Relations Manager, Cameron Aly: email@example.com or call 636-346-6291
*Streets will close and re-open on a rolling schedule. These times are estimates based on previous years. Volunteers and police will be at intersections to work with traffic and athletes. For the safety of everyone involved, we appreciate your patience as we work together.
interactive Course maps
The Hospital Hill Run is a USATF Sanctioned Event.